4.18.2012

A Thousand Words

A Thousand Words... a project attempting to unite photography and reading by exploring literary quotations through photography. Each quote is from the work of a well-known author of either poetry or prose, and I have tried to use each photograph to tell a story. I'll be posting pictures every few days, until I run out. I hope you enjoy them.

And here is the first:

“We read to know we are not alone.” – C.S. Lewis



(click image to view larger) Taken with a Canon T2i and a 17-85mm lens at 85mm, f /5.6, ISO 400. The books are all mine, some of them I bought cheap from the library specifically for this. The daisy in her hair was chance, we happened to pass them on the way to the park and I noticed they matched the shirt. Please feel free to critique all of these pictures, I'd really appreciate any advice offered!


...a picture is worth a thousand words. 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful...and look how clean Heather's feet are

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you use natural light, or do you use reflectors or something else? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one was completely natural light... I had a reflector with me but ended up not using it because the light was so good without it. I used a reflector on almost all the pics I shot at Oak Canyon with Julie and Justine, though.

    ReplyDelete